Fine Art/lee renolds painting

i have a painting from lee renolds of two pelicans on it the number is 153912 on the back of it

Dear Michael,

What you have is a painting by a staff member at Vanguard Studios. Vanguard Studios was founded by an artist named Lee Reynolds Burr and represents a business venture that was formed in the sixties to create affordable oil paintings for the masses.

Vanguard apprentice artists were usually trained at America's finest art schools but signed the work they produced as Lee Reynolds. Lee Reynolds Burr permitted the signature "Lee Reynolds" to be affixed to the best of the works conceived and executed at Vanguard Studios. At the same time, the signature was usually accompanied by a Vanguard Studios stamp on the back.

Value on this work is decorative and depends on the quality of technique and the desirability of the subject matter. To find other work similar to yours; do an Internet search using key words “Lee Reynolds painting” or “Vanguard Studios painting”. There are usually several at any time on eBay. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.