Fine Art/"The 9:45 am Accomodation"

Hello Mr. Laskowski,
I hope you will be able to shed some light on a print that belonged to my grandfather who lived in Bridgeport Connecticut and practiced medicine there from the 1930's until 1977.

The print I have is of "The 9:45 Accomodation, Stratford Connecticut" by E.L. Henry. The copyright is 1940 David Ashley Inc. NYC #4. I remember this print hanging in my grandfather's home office for years. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me anything about it. I have always loved it partly due to it's content and partly because it hung in my grandfather's office. My husband has not wanted to hang it and has even suggested selling it at a yard sale a few times, which I have no interest or intent to do. Any information you could offer would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Margo, thanks for your question.

The original is in the Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park, Fl.

Here is the information:

9:45 A.M. Accommodation, Stratford, Connecticut, April 1864
Oil on wood panel
Edward Lamson Henry, 18411919
Signed, lower right: E. L. Henry. 64 Signed, reverse: Edw. L. Henry, April 1864
12.5 x 20 inches

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University