Fine Art/"The 9:45 am Accomodation"

Question
Hello Mr. Laskowski,
I hope you will be able to shed some light on a print that belonged to my grandfather who lived in Bridgeport Connecticut and practiced medicine there from the 1930's until 1977.

The print I have is of "The 9:45 Accomodation, Stratford Connecticut" by E.L. Henry. The copyright is 1940 David Ashley Inc. NYC #4. I remember this print hanging in my grandfather's home office for years. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me anything about it. I have always loved it partly due to it's content and partly because it hung in my grandfather's office. My husband has not wanted to hang it and has even suggested selling it at a yard sale a few times, which I have no interest or intent to do. Any information you could offer would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Margo

Answer
Margo, thanks for your question.

The original is in the Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park, Fl.

Here is the information:

9:45 A.M. Accommodation, Stratford, Connecticut, April 1864
Oil on wood panel
Edward Lamson Henry, 18411919
Signed, lower right: E. L. Henry. 64 Signed, reverse: Edw. L. Henry, April 1864
12.5 x 20 inches
(P-102-88)  

Joseph B. Laskowski