Fine Art/August Abelmann

I have found a lovely watercolor by Aug Abelmann. It is of Devils Den dated Gettysburg July 26,21.
Can you tell me about this artist?

This is from an online art database.

Born in Germany on Nov. 9, 1866, August Abelmann was trained as a wood engraver but soon turned to half-tone processes.  Arriving in the U.S. in 1889, he continued his profession in Chicago while studying art at the Art Institute of Chicago.

From 1913 he and daughter Kate led a nomadic existence.  They sketched and painted extensively in the U.S. and in foreign countries.  Upon moving to California in 1928, Abelmann settled in Pasadena and remained there until his death on May 12, 1963.

Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Edan Hughes, "Artists in California, 1786-1940"
Southern California Artists (Nancy Moure); Death record.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University