Fine Art/August Abelmann

Question
I have found a lovely watercolor by Aug Abelmann. It is of Devils Den dated Gettysburg July 26,21.
Can you tell me about this artist?

Answer
This is from an online art database.

Born in Germany on Nov. 9, 1866, August Abelmann was trained as a wood engraver but soon turned to half-tone processes.  Arriving in the U.S. in 1889, he continued his profession in Chicago while studying art at the Art Institute of Chicago.

From 1913 he and daughter Kate led a nomadic existence.  They sketched and painted extensively in the U.S. and in foreign countries.  Upon moving to California in 1928, Abelmann settled in Pasadena and remained there until his death on May 12, 1963.

Exhibition:
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Source:
Edan Hughes, "Artists in California, 1786-1940"
Southern California Artists (Nancy Moure); Death record.

Joseph B. Laskowski