Fine Art/Edwin Austin Abbey

Question
I have a piece of artwork by Edwin Austin Abbey. It has been in my family for 60 years. Upon looking it up, it is the "Castle of Maidens". It is not an oil painting, and it is under glass. It measures 56" wide by 22" high with a wooden frame around it. I would like to find out some history about it. I know they have the same painting as a mural above the fireplace in the Boston library. I don't believe this is a print.

Answer
Thank you for the question.
Could this be a reproduction? Have you looked at it under a magnifying glass? Is there a dot pattern when looking at it through the glass? Can you send a photo? Do you see any markings or numbers in the lower left or lower right corners? Is there a copyright symbol?

Joseph B. Laskowski