Fine Art/Oil Painting of Mother and Children

Luckytoastsebastian wrote at 2013-12-22 04:15:28
My wife has a copy of this. On the back is written. 'Mother & Child 1893. The name in the lower right corner is difficult but possibly. Lnivene '93.  Interesting speculation all that about wars. My question is it apper as if the baby was originally nursing. The other child is looking over in jealousy. Quite recently he was on that tit.

Several things look odd nod lends one to believe the painting was changed.  The left side of the baby's mouth looks exactly as it would around the nipple. The right side of the mouth and cheek looks odd. The blouse is too flat and dark where the breast was. The woman's hand is oddly held, it was originally would have been rotated a bit and supporting her breast. And the baby's hand also looks a bit odd. Then the bowl, it sticks out visually in the wrong way.

Well my wife thinks my theory is crazy. What about it?  

D. E. Lombardo