Fine Art/identify artist

boat by dock
boat by dock  
We recently found a watercolor at Goodwill. It is a picture of small boat by a dock. A large body of water and some kind of city in the background. The name says A. Sutor 1943. There are a couple of words on the back that look like another language - something like Frueren Insol? Is there any way to identitfy the artist and find out more about the painting?

Adalbert Sutor, Germany, 20th Century. The listing is for an oil that did not sell. I would say your watercolor has a fair market value of $100.

21.65" x 23.62"
(55cm x 60cm)
Created: 1958
See all lots for this auction
Signed and Dated
Lot: 1682
Auction House: Auktionshaus Karrenbauer
Low Est.:    $395    (280)
High Est.:    n/a   
Hammer Price:       
(09/28/2012 - 09/29/2012)

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University