Fine Art/identify artist of two oil paintings

Question
artist signature
artist signature  
I inherited two oil paintings from my grand mother who was from England.  Both pictures are English countryside. The artist name is almost legible- possibly J. Thollinger or something similar.
I would appreciate any help.
Thx
Gary

Answer
Dear Gary,
I cannot read the signature from the photo submitted. I will take another look if you can get a better image using high resolution. It would also be helpful to see photos of both paintings front and back. Include close ups of any writing and email to dolly12@aol.com. Put allexperts Gary in the subject line.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley