Fine Art/identify an artist and painting

I have a nice painting of a desert southwest scene, it's a water color I believe. I would like to know who the artist is and if this painting of any value. Thanks. Dale.

Dear Dale,
It is a beautiful painting and I agree it appears to be watercolor. I think the last name is Williams, but I cannot be sure of the first name. Of course looking for an artist with the last name of Williams leads to pages of possibilities. Being a desert scene, I would start with Arizona artists in your region. Try contacting a fine art gallery in your area that carries regional artists and see if they recognize the work. Sometimes very good art does not make it out of a particular area.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.