Fine Art/KAIKO MOTI

Question
I HAVE A SIGNED AND NUMBERED LITHO OF A CAT BY MOTO PRINTED  1962  95/100.  HAS SOME HAND COLOR. VERY LARGE   IMUST PURCHASED IT IN THE EARLY 60'S.  IS IT COLLECTABLE AND WHAT IS IT APPROX. WORTH.  I LOVE IT AND DON'T WANT TO SELL IT.  PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANK YOU.  CATHERINE

Answer
Dear Catherine,

Your Kaiko Moti; (East Indian, 1921-1989); cat print is likely an aquatint engraving from the limited edition of 100. Kaiko Moti loved cats, especially Siamese with their sinuous movement. Cats are arguably his most recognized work. He engraved a series of Siamese cats, either solo or a pair, in 1966. His original prints are sought by collectors, and especially the cat images such as yours. There are not many on the market primarily because like you, people love them and do not want to sell. When available and in excellent condition, similar prints such as yours are being sold on the secondary market in the $3000-4000 range. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley