Fine Art/Kaiko Moti print

Question
the whole picture
the whole picture  

Detail - the big fish
Detail - the big fish  
Dear Sir,

I recently purchased a graphic print (etching) from a flea market in Finland just because the picture looked as if it wasn't made by just anybody and I like graphics. At home I realized it had text: Epr' d'artiste an Kaiko Moti under it. The seller told she'd bought the picture from an auction house in Stockholm, but I didn't ask any further.

My question is: did I accidentally buy a gem? Could this be an original of Kaiko Moti? I know he has specialized in graphics (copper plate etchings) and has especially had interest on under-the-sea life.

If this happens to be an original, what does the Epr. dártiste mean? Does it mean it is the print that the artist holds to himself and is not ment to be sold out or what? Does this affect the value of the item? It is in solid wood frames, has postpartum and a glass to cover it. Someone must have felt it had some value. More pictures of details available on request.

Thank you for your time and effort.
Best regards, Pauliina

Answer
You might have an artist proof. Can you email me images of the signature and the writing on the left along with a full image o the piece.  I have to log in here to check messages, so email is a faster way to communicate. Send questions and images to collectdali@aol.com

Please send your phone number in case I have any questions.

Dan

Dan Twyman