Fine Art/Painting

Ihave got a painting that was my fathers and mothers.My father was given it back in the late 50s It is black and white of a lady sitting on what looks like a bench or a longe chair with other ladys and what looks like little angles around her. In frount of her is a man with a harp in his hand like he is sighning to her. The painter sighn in the lower left corner is Em Gberhauser. Can you tell me any thing about this painting?

Dear Kenneth,
It sounds like you have a print by Emanuel Oberhausen (Oberhauser); a 20th century Austrian painter who is most widely known for his prints depicting mythological subjects. Value varies greatly on his work based on the image and the condition of the print. It will also have more value if it is hand signed by Oberhauser. Do a Google search of the artist to find more examples of his work. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.