Fine Art/Picasso

Hi Andrew, this Picasso piece was found in a building owned by family who had multiple original Picasso pieces and even a check signed by Picasso. Please tell me what you think about this one attached.

Hello Jennifer,

In my opinion, this work looks like a reproductive print with no real collectible value (decorative only).  The signature looks to be printed rather than hand signed, and the signature itself looks a bit off (please reference the below link to view a close up of Picasso's signature):

I have also browsed auction records and catalogue raisonnes and cannot find mention of this work anywhere, leading me to believe that it is a reproduction with maybe a $25 value at most. I did find one example at auction on the below link, selling for $10-$20.

I am sorry to not be the bearer of better news, but I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University