Fine Art/Small Rembrandt

I purchased a small framed picture with a Catalda Fine Arts, Inc. New York, NY stamp on the back. The sticker also lists the pictures name as "Rest in Flight #7116" by Rembrandt SB556. Is it a print and I was wondering if it has any value?  Thank You, M Alyce Pallotta

Dear Mary,
It is not possible for me to tell you if you have an original engraving without seeing it in person. I have seen and owned many prints from Catalda and they were generally of good quality and many were original prints. However,I have not seen an original Rembrandt distributed by them. I am thinking yours may be a quality mezzotint or gravure made after the original etching. I am going to give you a link to a site where it shows an original of the Rest in Flight along with the correct size of the image. You can compare yours to this image. If you feel they are an exact match, you may want to send a photo of yours to the gallery and get their opinion.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.