Fine Art/2-10-57 Picasso La Petit Corrida

I came across a signed and dated lithograph of La Petit Corrida by Picasso.  It is dated 2-10-57 in blue ink with Picasso in black ink.  I was told that it is a limited edition lithograpg of 420.  I was only aware of two limited editions - one of 2000 and one of 50.  Is this piece real?  Any color would be appreciated.

Hello Brad,

As far as I know, there are only 2 editions of this work as you mentioned above.  It sounds like the particular piece that you are referencing might be an estate produced reproduction with no real collectible value. If you had an image available perhaps I could tell you more, but as far as I know, no original edition of 420 exists.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.  

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University