Fine Art/Catalda

I have signed artwork titled Bloosoms L400 27/150 with the order #WB369 from the catalda fine arts inc. The artist is MariAnne Klimas. Can you give me the value if it's worth anything.

Hello Phillip,

While I am not familiar with this artist, I can tell you that Catalda Fine Arts produced reproductions of famous paintings or paintings by famous artists during the mid-twentieth century. Unfortunately, the work that you have by Catalda is likely a reproduction with only decorative value (no real collectible value). Catalda Fine Arts has a somewhat marred reputation, as they were involved in litigation for many years regarding copyright violations to the images that they produced. The values can vary on these Catalda works based on factors such as the desirability of the image, the artist, size, condition, and framing. They tend to range from $50 to a few hundred if the work is in excellent condition and nicely framed. I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University