Fine Art/Moti Horse

Question
Moti
Moti  
I bought this at a shop in Nashville about ten years ago. The print was in beautiful condition and when I removed it from the frame to have it re-framed I found a faint shadow of the horse on the backing that had been used, as though the inks had bled through. I am not familiar with the artist, but saw that you had responded to several questions about Moti, obviously the signature on the horse.  What can you tell me about this piece and it's value?  Thank you so much for your consideration of this question.

Answer
Dear Susan,
Kaiko Moti released several different images of horses as limited edition aquatint engravings. I have never seen one of his horse images with his signature so prominent across the bottom of the sheet. You did not mention if there was a limited edition marking on the art. If there is no limited edition information in the margin, then I would guess you either have a reproduction poster print, or an original watercolor on paper. I would take it to an expert at a fine art gallery or museum and have them look at it for you.
The faint shadow on the backing is due to being framed in acid based paper and could indicate the piece is vintage; framed prior to the use of acid free framing materials.
I hope this information is helpful.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley