Fine Art/Art ID

Art ID
Art ID  
I would like to know if the ID of this painting is possible. I have the following information:
-   I canít find any visible signature.
-   The painting is an oil painting.
-   The measurements are: 1.80 x 1.50 Meters
-   The painting was purchased in antiques shop in New York in the XIX century.
-   I was told that the painting is possibly from Spain from Valencia area.
Here is the link for the album where I have some more pics:
Thanks in advance!

Dear Juan,

It is an exquisite painting and the frame is beautiful. It appears to represent a proposal in an almost humorous way. I do not recognize the painting and without an artist name, I cannot give you more information. Many times the signature is present, but you need to get it in natural sunlight and really inspect the margin areas. The signature may also be included within an object in the lower section of the painting or under the frame. Try viewing with a black light as often signatures will appear under UV. Are there any other markings on the back or on the frame? Figurative paintings are my favorite and this is a wonderful example of the artist's ability to project the feelings of the subjects. If you find more information, feel free to send it to me at Include quality photos.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.