Fine Art/Art ID oil painting

Question
Art ID
Art ID  
I would like to know if the ID of this painting is possible. I have the following information:
-   I canít find any visible signature.
-   The painting is an oil painting.
-   The measurements are: 1.80 x 1.50 Meters
-   The painting was purchased in antiques shop in New York in the XIX century.
-   I was told that the painting is possible from Spain from Valencia area.
Here is the link for the album where I have some pics:
http://imageshack.us/g/38/img49991296x972.jpg/
Thanks!

Answer
Sr. Camilo,
Possibly the work of Josť Benlliure y Gil (1858-1937) born in Valencia, studied at the Spanish School in Rome, and became a leading Spanish painter in that city.  Possibly.  His style varies, but this picture looks much like his self-portrait that was sold at auction last year in Madrid (Ansorena) and another sold at auction in 2010 (Philip Weiss Auctions).  You'll need to take up the research from there, but I'd suggest contacting those two auction houses in Madrid and Oceanside, NY respectively.

As you have read about me, I claim no expertise in European art.  But I must remark that this is a most interesting study you have.  Who IS that woman peering from the mirror in her own portrait? The gentleman's wife?  His disapproving mother?  Sly.  

Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright