Fine Art/Bryon Bennett Boyd watercolor/original and signed

Question
Boyd
Boyd  
I was just Wanting and experts opinion on this Boyd watercolor. I dont know the name of this painting and was hoping i might be able to find out. Also an estimate on the value would be nice if possible. This painting is signed Bryon Ben Boyd

Answer
Sure, one reason I volunteer here is to learn more myself about lesser known artists.  Turns out Boyd was well known in your state.  Born in Wichita, KS in 1882, he lived until 1959.  He focused on painting, lithography and architecture, at one point running his own architectural firm. He designed submarine bases for the US Navy during WWI.  BBB studied in both New York and Paris, and was a bit of a playwright.  Biographical information about him can be found in Susan V. Craig's (U of Kansas Librarian) "Biographical Dictionary of Kansas Artists - Active before 1945".

For value, you might check with Jackson's Auctioneers in Cedar Rapids.  They have sold watercolors by Boyd.  Likely worth between $300 - $1,000 at auction, depending on size, condition, frame and anything else a buyer might perceive as valuable.  Good luck.  

Stuart Cartwright