Fine Art/edgar degas antique lithographs?

degas print
degas print  
I have attached a pic of Degas' Star which I might have not on my previous question...thanks .. question was framed by Henry Spokane from New York before the 40's and it is printed on a hard cardboard type canvas. any info would be appreciated...thanks

Hello Chris,

I have done a bit of research on this work and, unfortunately, Degas did not create an original print after his famous painting "The Star." This work is not cited in the Degas prints catalogue raisonne.  I believe this work to be a reproduction with no real collectible value.  However, it does still have decorative value, and hopefully you can enjoy it in your home for years to come as it is quite the famous image.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University