Fine Art/Elmer S. Berge oil painting

Question
I purchased a neat oil painting in a garage sale for $1 that was painted on wood by Elmer S. Berge.  It is framed and I had no idea who this painter was until I looked him up on Google.  On the back is written "Indian Summer Original by Elmer S. Berge".  It is also signed in the bottom right hand corner of the painting.  How can I find out what this is and what it's worth? I have tried internet searches without any real answers, although I have found other different looking pictures by this artist with the same "indian summer" title on canvas instead of wood.

Answer
Hello Daniel,
Elmer S. Berge 1892-1956 was born in Norway, but lived and painted most of his life in Minnesota. At public auction, his landscapes of that state have brought prices of between $40 and $900 over the last decade.  As you are aware, much depends upon the subject matter, composition, size, condition and presentation of the picture.  Try Jackson's Auctioneers in Cedar Falls, Iowa if you are interested in selling, as they have had a few Berge oils pass through.  Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright