Fine Art/identifying an artist and portrait

Unknown portrait
Unknown portrait  
Hello, I wonder if you could help me identify the artist of a portrait we have had in our family for some time. We have a print and are not looking for a valuation just an idea of who the subject and artist were.  See attached image.
Thank you

Dear Julie,

I do not recognize the image. It appears to be 18th century, but without an artist name I cannot research. Sometimes I can identify the artist by the sitter in a portrait. Are there any names or writing on the front of the print or on the back of the frame? If so, let me know and I will try to research backwards.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.