Fine Art/identifying an artist and portrait

Question
Unknown portrait
Unknown portrait  
Hello, I wonder if you could help me identify the artist of a portrait we have had in our family for some time. We have a print and are not looking for a valuation just an idea of who the subject and artist were.  See attached image.
Thank you
Julie

Answer
Dear Julie,

I do not recognize the image. It appears to be 18th century, but without an artist name I cannot research. Sometimes I can identify the artist by the sitter in a portrait. Are there any names or writing on the front of the print or on the back of the frame? If so, let me know and I will try to research backwards.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley