Fine Art/Keane Painting

Question
Looking for someone to answer a value question on a Keane painting...is any of the experts have knowledge with Margaret Keane and the Walter Keane scandal?  I have a very rare original painting.

Answer
Second husband Walter tried to take credit for her work, but in their divorce proceedings, the judge asked each to execute an artwork.  Margaret readily complied, Walter declined, and the issue was settled.  Evidently, Walter had laid claim to earlier works that were signed simply "Keane". Margaret Keane's (1927 - )works are known for her haunting images of sad eyed children with huge black pupils.  At public auction, sales of her very best works top out at about $5,000.  Hope you have one of the best...in top-notch original condition!  Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright