Fine Art/Mia bella

Mia bella
Mia bella  
It came to the possession  of my cousin in Alexandria-Egypt a portrait for a girl and on the back written Robert Edward Morrison.
I wonder if this is worth something or just another fake monument in Egypt.
Thanks and if it is real what is the estimated price
P.S if so we are ready to pay the fees for authentication and other expenses.
Thank you for your time and efforts, attached the photos

Alas, the only picture that I see is the backside (verso) of the picture, with a very small tag at the top that is too small for me to read. It appears you may have a picture on board, not canvas?  So I cannot comment specifically on your picture. But let me tell you a little about the artist.

Robert Edward Morrison 1852-1925 was a British artist whose focus was portraits, landscapes and seaside pictures.  His signature is typically very identifiable.  Big, blocky, all-capital letters "R E MORRISON" often with a date alongside.  His portraits have sold at public auction from between US$900 and $2,500, and vary in quality from simple commissions to much more elaborate artworks featuring flowers, jewels, and other possessions on the piece alongside the sitter.  London auction houses such as Bonhams and Sothebys would be the best spots for you to turn if you desired a sale.  Be sure to send along pictures of the frontside of the picture as well as closeups of the signature.  Best of luck!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration