Fine Art/Picasso style art

QUESTION: Hello again Dan
I've got what very much resembles a Picasso style work, and I'm writing to ask if you might share your professional opinion. The work appears to be of the mid 20th century, and it was created on light paper which very much resembles a thin Asian rice paper. It appears to be a transfer image of some sort, but the plate marks, if they are plate marks, are not distinct and what is visible may instead be indentations from a past framing. The dimensions of the paper are 12" x 15 1/2", and the image, 6 1/2" x 10 3/4".
Thank you very much for any advice you might be able to offer.

ANSWER: Looks like a rubbing. I do not see a signature? It does resemble Picasso's style, but I'd have to examine it in person to be sure.

Thank you for getting back to me re the Picasso-style 'rubbing'. You are correct that it is unsigned. Would you suggest that I mail it to you, along with return postage, for an in-hand examination? If a fee is associated with that service, could you tell me how much that might be? And whether or not the service would include some type of certificate of authenticity and/or an estimated value. I've not done something like this in the past.
I appreciate your advice, and look forward to hearing back.
Best regards

With no signature and no prior certificates, it might not be that easy to determine who's hand created the image. Please use my email for future contact. If you have any info about where the piece came from along with an image of the piece, send it to me and I will study it more.
Send to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.