Fine Art/Wagner Painting

We bought a Louise Wagner painting and were wondering what the value of it is.  Here is a picture of the art work.  It is in great shape.  It looks like there are a couple ripples in the painting but I think that it can be smoothed out.  Just not sure

Hello Debbie,

I have searched through a few art auction databases regarding the value of Wagner paintings.  Depending on factors such as size and condition, they appear to sell for approximately $500 - $2,000.  Unfortunately, the pattern through the years appears to be that the value for these works is decreasing rather than increasing, but perhaps the market for Wagners will pick up.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance and that you are enjoying your lovely work.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University