Fine Art/age of painting

Question
Front
Front  
Hi was wondering if you can help me to figure out date of picture. Painting is signed by L Berggren, no other markings. Thanks soo much for you help.

Answer
Dear Sara,

Determining the age of a landscaped painting is difficult due to not having people in period dress or recognizable buildings to try to date the image. I looked for an artist with the last name Berggren and first initial L in my artist books and could not match the work. I think I see a burlap type of matting next to the painting. I have found this to be most common on work painted mid-twentieth century. That helps only if the painting is period framed. Overall, the painting seems to fit early to mid century California school by the location of the view and technique. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley