Fine Art/Charlot?

Hi-I wondering if you could help identify the attached picture? I have 2 similar here at home-they appear to be signed Charlot but cannot find anything except Marie or Jean Charlot-doesn't look like their work. Thanks for your help!

Dear Mary,

The only artist I could find from the period who painted ballerinas was a Raymond Charlot; born in France in the late 1800's. I cannot find a biography on him and his paintings are signed with his first name as well, so I am not certain he produced these prints. It appears this artist has been an enigma for many people who are asking about the artist on the internet. Overall, it is an open edition vintage print whose value is what the collector is willing to pay.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.