Fine Art/Edmund Adler painting

I have a painting by Edmund Adler called "Yellow Bird" and on the back the label of Turner Mfg. Co. Chicago with Item #1694 Subject # and name T537 The Yellow Bird and Fashion Plate Wall Accessories at the bottom of the label. What can you tell me about this painting? Is there any value to it?

Dear Christine,
Your painting is actually a reproduction copy after the original painting by Adler. Turner Mfg. made and distributed decorative art copies after artists during the mid 20th century. The print is considered decorative rather than fine art and the value to collectors on the secondary art market is minimal. I saw that a seller has a reproduction by the same artist on eBay at $300; calling it an original print. I can guarantee that it is not an original print and is nothing more than an open edition offset lithograph that has been glued to cardboard. They had a technique that applied lacquer to the surface in swirls made to resemble brush strokes. It is not worth anything near the asking price. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.