Fine Art/Found several old oil paintings in a old barn.

I found several old oil paintings and Im very curiouse about them. One of the paintings is of the 1800th century era (Im guessing). It is of a man standing in a very nice room posing by a window. He is dressed in what appears to be a Red and Blue Rebel War Uniform. The signature is Henery Townsand. So my qustion is this.Could this painting be worth any money?

Dear Beverly,

I found a 19th century English artist by the name of Henry James Townsend who painted indoor genre/figurative scenes. I am putting a link to a page where one of his paintings is on display. See if it looks like it could be painted by the same artist. Overall, I would take the lot of them to a professional art dealer/gallery and have them take a look at them for you. If they are original antique oil paintings, they have value. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.