Fine Art/Huldah Cherry Jaffe

Huldah Annette
Huldah Annette  
I have what I believe to be an original pastel "artist proof" of what I would call a pre- Annette.  Signed on the left Huldah. Pre -Annette, because it looks like the famous Annette, but the ribbon is just sketched, not the full blue ribbon that Annette has!  I own a reproduction of Annette, which is much smaller, but see subtle nuances that, as an artist myself, lean me in the direction of pre- Annette.  Also, as this is not a print, it is a pastel chalk.  I'm wondering how and where I could get this authenticated. Just wondering what it may be worth and what the best auction house may be? Under the Kraft paper backing on corrugated board in pencil it reads W.C. 04751 the number 4 circled and the name Heudershott under that. The paper she used  is cream color Niagara Art Paper. Thanks for your attention.  Ann

The record price at auction for this artist is $1,900 back in 2006.  Kotler Galleries and Auctioneers, Island Park NY.  

Weschler's on E Street in Washington, DC would be convenient for you, I expect.

Once gallery tends to do as well as another, in my opinion.  It always depends on who is in the room!   

Most works by this artist sell for under $1,000.

Good luck.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration