Fine Art/John Millais painting

Question
John Millais
John Millais  
Dear Dolly,
I hope you can assist me.
I am a property broker, but I have a client who is wanting to sell a painting he is convinced is by John Millais.
He acquired the painting in New York in the 1950's from a fine art importer. Unfortunately there is no provenance. The painting itself measures 13 X 16 and the frame 25 X 28. I have attached a picture of the painting for you. he wants to sell as he has enjoyed the painting for the past 60+ years with his wife, but sadly she died lat last year, so he wants to part with the painting now. Please could you suggest ideas as to how he might get it a) authenticated & b) for sale.
Kind regards,

Anthony

Answer
Dear Anthony,

I hope you are doing well. Please send this image and additional images you may have such as a close up of the signature and any writing on the back of the canvas, to dolly12@aol.com. Include your original question and put allexperts John Millais in the subject line. Thank you. I'll get back to you after I review the photos and so some research.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley