Fine Art/John Millais painting

John Millais
John Millais  
Dear Dolly,
I hope you can assist me.
I am a property broker, but I have a client who is wanting to sell a painting he is convinced is by John Millais.
He acquired the painting in New York in the 1950's from a fine art importer. Unfortunately there is no provenance. The painting itself measures 13 X 16 and the frame 25 X 28. I have attached a picture of the painting for you. he wants to sell as he has enjoyed the painting for the past 60+ years with his wife, but sadly she died lat last year, so he wants to part with the painting now. Please could you suggest ideas as to how he might get it a) authenticated & b) for sale.
Kind regards,

Dear Anthony,

I hope you are doing well. Please send this image and additional images you may have such as a close up of the signature and any writing on the back of the canvas, to Include your original question and put allexperts John Millais in the subject line. Thank you. I'll get back to you after I review the photos and so some research.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.