Fine Art/Man In Gold Helmet

Question
Hello, I am only still an infant in the world of art and I have acquired a painting or print or something of A Man wearing a Golden Helmet. It is on some type of brownish paper then a piece of board and on the back another piece of paper (as if it was previously framed). The texture of paint is thick and has swirly lines and grooves. In the bottom left corner it say D.A.C.N.Y. and nothing more. There is no C in a circle, no fraction, no year or any other mark anywhere. I have looked it over many times under magnification. Any ideas?

Answer
Hello Mandria,

It is difficult to know exactly what you own without seeing an image of the piece.  However, I do believe that D.A.C.N.Y. stands for the Donald Art Company, Inc. NY.  This company mass produced a variety of reproductive prints in the 1960's by different artists.  These works are not uncommon and not collectible (they are not considered works of fine art and not worth much at all).  Assuming that your work is by the Donald Art Company, it would be mostly a decorative piece, probably worth less than $50.

If you have an image available, I would be happy to take a look.  However, if I had to guess, it does sound like you have some sort of reproductive work.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans