Fine Art/Margo Alexander water paintings

I found two water paintings measuring 4 1/2in X 5 1/2in in frames behind pictures cut from a magazine about a year ago. A friend said I should have them looked at. They are paintings of a female turkey and a male turkey. They have minor water damage. One has damage on corner. They are signed "Margo". I did some research, and the signature matches that of Margo Alexander 1894-1965. I can send additional pics at your request.  Do they have any value?

Dear Chris,

I did some research and found some of her work on eBay. The range of pricing reflects the inability for people to determine the market value for her work at this time. California artists are very collectible and I believe Margo Alexander's work is currently undervalued by the collector market. I would hold on to them (stored in acid and moisture free environment) until her work becomes more popular. I have a link below to an ended eBay auction of one of her original watercolors. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.