Fine Art/Marguerite Kirmse original

This attached photograph is by Marguerite Kirmse, an original I believe as it is signed and named, "Please".

I believe this is a relatively un-circulated drawing.

What would you value this peice?

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.

Michael Gallagher

I can send additional photographs if you like.

At public auction, MK's Scottie Dog sketches have fetched (pun intended) between $500-$1,000 depending upon condition, size, etc.  Bonham's NY sold a small pencil sketch featuring several dogs for about $800 last year.  Closer to home, you might be advised to try Copley Fine Art Auctions, specialists in sporting pictures, or Skinners, Grogans, or Eldreds.  Stephen O'Brien on Newbury St. might be a good resource for you, too. Best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration