Fine Art/Oil painting by Lymstrom

I found a old oil  painting of a boat floating near a old harbor and the signature was by Lymstrom. So i was wondering if it was worth money?

No listed fine artist with that name.
What's it worth? As anything else, depends on quality, size, composition, light, provenance, condition as well as all the subjective qualities valued in the eye of the buyer. If you don't thrill to the artwork, throw it in the nearest auction and see what happens!  Perhaps you'll make a few bucks and maybe even find something else at that auction that you do like!

Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration