Fine Art/Painting

I have a painting by Robert Chailloux. It is from Wind Fine Prints and has his signature. Does it have any value?

Dear William,

Winde Fine Arts was an art publisher during mid-century and they created open edition reproduction prints after paintings by known artists. This is the case with your print. Winde created high quality reproductions, but it is still a reproduction and therefore the value is as decorative art. As a note, the only original prints that I have seen of Robert Chailloux’s are etchings. I don’t believe he did plate lithographs. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.