Fine Art/Painting

Question
I have a painting by Robert Chailloux. It is from Wind Fine Prints and has his signature. Does it have any value?

Answer
Dear William,

Winde Fine Arts was an art publisher during mid-century and they created open edition reproduction prints after paintings by known artists. This is the case with your print. Winde created high quality reproductions, but it is still a reproduction and therefore the value is as decorative art. As a note, the only original prints that I have seen of Robert Chailloux’s are etchings. I don’t believe he did plate lithographs. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley