Fine Art/print

Question
Minuet
Minuet  
I have a signed 24"x 36" print or painting by v j paredes,the minuet #2087.Could tell me whats it worth.?

Thank You
Rick

Answer
Dear Richard,

You either have a watercolor painting on paper, or a print, (by or after), the Spanish artist Vincente De Garcia Paredes (1845 - 1903). It is impossible for me to tell you which one of the mediums your art is in without personal inspection. His original watercolors on paper in the size of yours would probably be estimated to sell in the $3000-8,000 range at auction. Period hand colored lithographs would have an auction estimate in the $150-300 range. He has some large plate aquatint engravings that would estimate in the $500-1500 range. All of these estimates are considering the work to be in excellent condition. From the photo yours appears modern and may be an offset lithograph with minimal value. You will need to take to a local art expert/gallery to determine exactly what you have and then determine the value. The fact that it is titled and numbered (I am assuming on the back of the print), I would suggest it is the later,  an offset copy of a painting and the number 2087 is an inventory number. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley