Fine Art/print

I have a signed 24"x 36" print or painting by v j paredes,the minuet #2087.Could tell me whats it worth.?

Thank You

Dear Richard,

You either have a watercolor painting on paper, or a print, (by or after), the Spanish artist Vincente De Garcia Paredes (1845 - 1903). It is impossible for me to tell you which one of the mediums your art is in without personal inspection. His original watercolors on paper in the size of yours would probably be estimated to sell in the $3000-8,000 range at auction. Period hand colored lithographs would have an auction estimate in the $150-300 range. He has some large plate aquatint engravings that would estimate in the $500-1500 range. All of these estimates are considering the work to be in excellent condition. From the photo yours appears modern and may be an offset lithograph with minimal value. You will need to take to a local art expert/gallery to determine exactly what you have and then determine the value. The fact that it is titled and numbered (I am assuming on the back of the print), I would suggest it is the later,  an offset copy of a painting and the number 2087 is an inventory number. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.