Fine Art/Prints

We recently purchased 2 matted and framed Victorian type prints signed "Webster". On the back of each is a label, each with a logo that says "Catalda Fine Arts" and "Artist: Webster", with "Titles: " and "US Print Number:" "Loves Young Dream" #351 and "The Stolen Meeting" #353.

These are very unusual looking prints, almost looking like watercolors.

Can you provide any information on these prints?

Thank you!

Ric Geiger

Hi Ric,

You have reproductions of paintings. I am not certain of the artist, but it may be Walter Ernest (W.E.) Webster, (1878-1959). He was British and painted genre and figurative paintings that were mass reproduced in prints. Catalda Fine Arts tended to put out higher quality reproductions than many other publishers at the time. The numbers are inventory references. Some of these good quality vintage prints have value on the secondary market, but condition is a major factor in collecting. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.