Fine Art/Prints

Question
We recently purchased 2 matted and framed Victorian type prints signed "Webster". On the back of each is a label, each with a logo that says "Catalda Fine Arts" and "Artist: Webster", with "Titles: " and "US Print Number:" "Loves Young Dream" #351 and "The Stolen Meeting" #353.

These are very unusual looking prints, almost looking like watercolors.

Can you provide any information on these prints?

Thank you!

Ric Geiger

Answer
Hi Ric,

You have reproductions of paintings. I am not certain of the artist, but it may be Walter Ernest (W.E.) Webster, (1878-1959). He was British and painted genre and figurative paintings that were mass reproduced in prints. Catalda Fine Arts tended to put out higher quality reproductions than many other publishers at the time. The numbers are inventory references. Some of these good quality vintage prints have value on the secondary market, but condition is a major factor in collecting. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley