Fine Art/S. Wickstrom

we have a line art of rabbits signed by S. Wickstrom. Apparently titled "The Hare Line" and "published" by Ira Roberts Publishing in 1978.

did he or she (Wickstom) do other pieces and where might they be found?

Dear David,

It is nearly impossible to find an artist with only a first initial and the last name. I found other examples of the print sold on eBay, but no indication of the artist in the listings. The listings were international.

Ira Roberts published many reproductions after known artists and after regional artists that were never known past their geographic area. This may be the case with this artist.

There is an artist Sylvie Kantorovitz Wickstrom that does illustrations for children's books and she may be the artist of this print, but she would have only been 18 when it was published. I will give you a link to her website. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.