Fine Art/alberto Ceconni

I bought a painting of a man smoking a pipe ( a tavern painting) about ten years ago. Recently I found out it was an Oil painting Signed by Alberto Ceconni. The back has gallery markings of "arts International, Gallery of Discoveries Scottsdale Az" On all 3 of the Frame pieces. The framing was done in Glendale alcino? I was told that this was a post WW2 Framing company, and that it was probably a reproduction due to the frame. I've gone online and noticed that All examples of Ceconni's paintings from later in his life had the exact framing. It is a definite oil painting. I would just like your opinion on where to go to validate that this is a real painting and not some late 60's knock off. Once again the Image upload function is resetting after i try to upload. If you need further info i can email you photos of the front and back.

John, here is a fair market vlue:

Alberto Cecconi
Title   Busto di ragazzo
Medium   oil on panel
Size   Height 8.7 in.; Width 6.4 in. / Height 22.2 cm.; Width 16.3 cm.
Misc.   Signed
Sale of   Farsetti Arte: Saturday, October 30, 2010 [Lot 00529]
Asta di Dipinti e Sculture del XIX e XX secolo
Estimate   500 - 700 EUR (697 - 976 USD)
Sold For   440 EUR (613 USD) HAMMER Currency Converter

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University