Fine Art/art

Question
deer hunting
deer hunting  
i want to study this painting for my art exam but i dont know the name of it or who the artist is can anyone identify it? thank you

Answer
Dear Flora,
I am not able to identify the artist, but Sir Edwin Henry Landseer was famous for his depictions of animals, including dogs bringing down stags. One of his most famous paintings was "Death of the Stag" with a similar scene of dogs killing a stag deer. Hunting with dogs was a popular subject in the 19th century and many other artists painted similar scenes. Try searching images using key words Landseer death of the stag. Other images will also appear and you might be able to find the artist who painted the one you are interested in. Also, where did you get the image you provided? Does the website have more info? Try right clicking the image for properties. Sometimes the title or artist is listed in the photos properties. Sorry I cannot be of more help. Best of luck in your search.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley