Fine Art/art

deer hunting
deer hunting  
i want to study this painting for my art exam but i dont know the name of it or who the artist is can anyone identify it? thank you

Dear Flora,
I am not able to identify the artist, but Sir Edwin Henry Landseer was famous for his depictions of animals, including dogs bringing down stags. One of his most famous paintings was "Death of the Stag" with a similar scene of dogs killing a stag deer. Hunting with dogs was a popular subject in the 19th century and many other artists painted similar scenes. Try searching images using key words Landseer death of the stag. Other images will also appear and you might be able to find the artist who painted the one you are interested in. Also, where did you get the image you provided? Does the website have more info? Try right clicking the image for properties. Sometimes the title or artist is listed in the photos properties. Sorry I cannot be of more help. Best of luck in your search.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.