Fine Art/Artist: Franz Preiner

Question
I bought what I believe is an original oil painting by Franz Preiner.  On the back, it has a label of the artist stating it's an original painting.  It has a label by CATALDA FINE ARTS, INC New York, NY.  

Title 23274  ORIG.LANDSCAPE
Artist  PREINER
Fame No.  RB

Beautifully framed by the framer.  Could you tell me if Franz Preiner's work is of any worth?  It's roughly 21" X 16"...  It's hard to know the exact size due to the large frame around it.   I'm aware of one of his paintings which had gotten a lot of attention "in Den Auen der Donau".  What do you think?

Thank you for reviewing this.

All My Best,
Rick

Answer
Dear Rick,
I could only find one auction of the artist's work. I have the information below. It sold very low, but do not let that determine value on your painting. From the examples of his work that I found, he is a very good artist and is his work is obviously not appreciated at this time. I take that his work not appearing at auctions in droves is due to people wanting to keep his paintings in their collection. It sounds like you appreciate the painting you have so I would hold on to it and enjoy it. It definitely has value and the value will likely increase as more of his work begins to circulate in the secondary art market. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

186   Original Oil on Canvas Landscape by Internationally Renowned German Artist Franz Preiner. Framed in Gilt and Black Painted Wood. Frame measures 42 x 32. Piece itself is 37 x 25. Fantastic piece in great condition, finish has begun to yellow lightly.   Sold for $57.00

Dolly D Headley