Fine Art/Artist: Franz Preiner

I bought what I believe is an original oil painting by Franz Preiner.  On the back, it has a label of the artist stating it's an original painting.  It has a label by CATALDA FINE ARTS, INC New York, NY.  

Fame No.  RB

Beautifully framed by the framer.  Could you tell me if Franz Preiner's work is of any worth?  It's roughly 21" X 16"...  It's hard to know the exact size due to the large frame around it.   I'm aware of one of his paintings which had gotten a lot of attention "in Den Auen der Donau".  What do you think?

Thank you for reviewing this.

All My Best,

Dear Rick,
I could only find one auction of the artist's work. I have the information below. It sold very low, but do not let that determine value on your painting. From the examples of his work that I found, he is a very good artist and is his work is obviously not appreciated at this time. I take that his work not appearing at auctions in droves is due to people wanting to keep his paintings in their collection. It sounds like you appreciate the painting you have so I would hold on to it and enjoy it. It definitely has value and the value will likely increase as more of his work begins to circulate in the secondary art market. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

186   Original Oil on Canvas Landscape by Internationally Renowned German Artist Franz Preiner. Framed in Gilt and Black Painted Wood. Frame measures 42 x 32. Piece itself is 37 x 25. Fantastic piece in great condition, finish has begun to yellow lightly.   Sold for $57.00

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.