Fine Art/Chagall Lithographia Question

Job Praying - Back
Job Praying - Back  

The only way to attach a picture is re ask the question, so here it is again.  The other problem, is it only lets you upload a single picture.  I would like to send you several... is there an email address I could send multiple picts to?

I have obtained several Chagall prints from an estate that appear to have been purchased in the 60's.  The two Chagall prints are Job Praying and Ruth Gleaning.  They are printed on what appears to look like a very heavy watercolor like paper.  Also, there appears to be a partial litho (just the color black) on the rear of each, along with some handwritten info. These prints appear to be hand done, do you think that's the case?  If so, are they considered "Original Lithos"?  Is it common to find partial screens on the rear of original prints?

Hello Ed,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  I believe that these are lithographs done for a book (they were at some point pages of a book).  They are considered "original" lithographs, not fine art graphics. I would place their value at around $500 each.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University