Fine Art/Jersey etching by Edwin Douglas 1878

I was wondering how much it is worth? Any information you can provide would be most helpful.  Thank you

In 1878, Edwin Douglas would have been 30 years old. I find that he has a number of paintings listed as publicly transacted, chiefly oil-on-canvas.  Dogs and cattle were his primary compositions.  I think it best that you contact Bonhams on New Bond Street in London - in recent years they have handled a number of fine paintings exectuted by Douglas.  I would not count on a big bonanza for an etching...perhaps somewhere under the $1,000 mark.  I wish you the very best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration