Fine Art/Jersey etching by Edwin Douglas 1878

Question
I was wondering how much it is worth? Any information you can provide would be most helpful.  Thank you

Answer
Cynthia,
In 1878, Edwin Douglas would have been 30 years old. I find that he has a number of paintings listed as publicly transacted, chiefly oil-on-canvas.  Dogs and cattle were his primary compositions.  I think it best that you contact Bonhams on New Bond Street in London - in recent years they have handled a number of fine paintings exectuted by Douglas.  I would not count on a big bonanza for an etching...perhaps somewhere under the $1,000 mark.  I wish you the very best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright