Fine Art/Julien Dupre/The Balloon

I have a nice serigraph?.It has "proof" on bottom right border and "copy" on bottom left border.It looks new?,the paper it is on,while I look at it through my loop has fibers in it.Quality pc.What do I have?A value on it if you could.Thank you in advance.

Dear Matthew,

Julien Dupre was born in 1842 in Paris. He is best known for his realistic view of 19th century life. He painted the well known image “The Balloon” in 1886. The original painting is in the Met in NYC. In the late 19th century they printed a copy (photogravure) of the painting that was released as an affordable art print. You can imagine the amazement of the workers in the field having seen a hot air balloon for the first time. Since your print appears new, it is likely a modern reprint of the photogravure image made in the 1800's and therefore considered decorative art.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.