Fine Art/Konan Tanigami Painting

Question
Konan Painting
Konan Painting  
Hello Dolly, how are you? I have a painting a watercolor from a Japanese artist, I know this may not be your specialty but I did not see anyone that specialized in it either. It measures about 15" x 18" is on very old thin paper, it is a Painting not a Print, have magnified it and you can see the paint on it. I guarantee it to be painting. Konan Tanigami is well known for his Block Prints in Japan of western Flowers, but I have only seen 2 of his paintings. I have to send you a lot of images to see the signature and seal as well. Thanks, Jim.

Answer
Dear Jim,
I'm sorry, but as you mentioned, I am not a specialist in Japanese art. I did some searches, but I could not locate an orginal painting by the artist. I did find that he did a complete book of woodblocks on Peonies. This may be an original painting, but woodblocks can look like paintings due to the technique of laying the block on top of the paper with the inks. I suggest you Google the artist and locate galleries that carry his work. Contact them with photos to get their opinion. Sorry I cannot be of further help.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley