Fine Art/Lee Reynolds 60 x 48 Canvas

Question
Lee Reynolds Painting
Lee Reynolds Painting  
Hi, I have a 60 x 48 Canvas with Lee Reynolds signature on it. I have done a little bit of research on it, but still not sure if it is original or not. It doesn't have the Van Gaurd stamp on the back of it but it does have "696 DAJ" on the back. It is signed bottom right corner Lee Reynolds.. NOT Lee Reynolds Burr. However, upon the research I did find that some of his original paintings in the beginning he did sign without the "Burr". On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being perfect, I would say it's about a 7 on the condition of the painting. I would like to know more information on this painting, such as original by Mr. Reynolds or not, and possibly an auction estimate of this painting. Any information you can provide about this painting would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

Answer
Dear Ken,
It is a beautiful painting and the Lee Reynolds signature means it was likely painted by a very talented artist in the Vanguard Studio. It does not need to have the Vanguard stamp to be an original from the studio. It is unlikely someone is copying his name on a large piece such as this. The value of Lee Reynolds varies greatly and the best indication of its value would be to see what his paintings of similar size and quality are selling for on eBay. I say eBay because that is going to give you the widest selection of Lee Reynolds paintings on the secondary market. Do an advanced search and look at actual sold prices rather than the prices people are asking. If you are considering selling, I would try locally on Craigslist, newspaper, eBay classified, Facebook marketplace, etc; mainly because the shipping of such a large painting will deter many people from bidding on it.
The painting is nice, but the Corvette on the rack is outstanding!
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley