Fine Art/Mac Chagall Lithograph

I have a Marc Chagall Lithograph, titled "Le Rose", numbered 199/500. It is professionally framed, with the Certificate Of Authenticity and Registration Number on the back. Do I need to send you an image of both the Lithograph and Certificate Of Authenticity for review? I would like to get it appraised for value and possibly sell. Thank you.

Hello Gayle,

Unfortunately, Chagall did not do any lithographs from an edition of 500. This is likely an estate produced piece "done after his death" with a facsimile signature. In my opinion, it does not have any collectible value.  If you look on ebay, they appear to go for around $50.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.  Sorry to not be the bearer of better news.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University