Fine Art/painting

I got these two paintings by lee Dublin, One with  girl selling flowers for 5 cents, and the other is a boy sitting on a box holding basket selling vegetables with a dog lying at his feet. I was wondering if there are rare and if they are worth anything.

Dear Tammy,

I will assume your spelling is incorrect and you mean the artist Lee Dubin rather than Dublin. Lee Dubin is an accomplished California artist who is best known for portraying life in the Victorian era. According to an online biography: "Dubin attended the finest art schools in California including Chouinard Art Institute, Otis Art Institute, UCLA and Los Angeles Trade Technical College. Her technique of glazing and under painting is a direct result of studying the works of the Old Masters. One glance at a Dubin painting is not enough. Upon further study, one soon discovers a fascinating visual story, an inside look as it were, into the lives and history of a bygone era. A prolific and continually active artist, she is accomplished in many medias including watercolor, oil and pastels, as well as, lithographs and etchings”.

I located some of her work online and her paintings range from $4000-6000, depending on the size and overall appeal of the image.

I hope this is helpful information.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.